Looking to make extra money and contribute to Liard First Nation while acquiring valuable work experience? Liard First Nation is looking to hire LFN members to fill temporary positions to help with the upcoming Honouing Fathers Community Celebration & BBQ scheduled for Fri., June 14th. The work required will run the week on June 10-15th. We have 5 positions that need to be filled, including 1 Coordinator and 4 Camp Maintenance/Labourers. The scope of work various tremendously so we will need people of all skills and experience. Workers must be reliable, responsible and willing to work long days. Some of the work is physically demanding.
• Willing to work long hours.
• Must be reliable, hardworking and responsible.
• Ability to work in a team situation.
• Healthy and capable of lifting tables, chairs and other items.
Scope of work:
• Coordinator: Liaison and communications with Health Director and Health staff and Communications regarding event; coordination of various required services, supplies and arrangements needed to run the event successfully; inform and direct team members to ensure smooth set-up, take-down and running of the event; available to work long hours during lead-up and event day and post-event take down day. Other related duties.
• Camp Maintenance/Labourers: Set up and tear down of camp facilities, tables, chairs and booths; stocking and removal of camp, food and other supplies; keeping camp space tidy and free of garbage, debris and hazards to the public; Various jobs and tasks.
If you are interested in these opportunities, please contact LFN’s Health Director, Sonia at the LFN Main Admin office or by calling 536-5200.